I am a classically-trained, traditional oil painter based in Toronto Canada with a passion for portraiture, figures, still life, and Canadian landscapes.
- Graduate of the Academy of Realist Art, Toronto, 2013
- Workshops with acclaimed Canadian artists Robert Bateman (landscape), Barry McCarthy (plein air), Juan Martinez (still life, alla prima), Matthew Mancini (alla prima, landscapes), Ryan Gauvin (silverpoint), and Roumen Kirinkov (gilding); American workshops with Graydon Parrish (Munsell colour space), Teresa Oaxaca (alla prima portraiture), Robert Liberace (red chalk figure drawing), and Dale Zinkowski (still life, anatomy)
- Portrait Society of America conferences; Figurative Art Convention and Exhibition conferences
Memberships and Associations:
- Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA), elected member, Active status, active volunteer
- FCA Toronto, the Toronto chapter of the FCA — founder
- Ontario Society of Artists (OSA), elected member, director and webmaster
- Society of Canadian Artists (SCA), elected member, volunteer
- Oil Painters of America (OPA), elected member
- International Guild of Realism (IGOR), elected member
- Portrait Society of America (PSA)
- Arts Council Haliburton Highlands
- Editor and Webmaster of www.traditionaloilpainting.com, an authorised resource centre for fans of Virgil Elliott’s classic reference work Advanced Techniques and Concepts from the Renaissance to the Present and the popular Facebook group he moderates for artists.